One direction revolution counter
DEIF offers an XDi based standard revolution counter system that only requires XDi, DX1 Digital extension module, and a connection to a standard PNP or NPN pickup sensor.
Bi-directional revolution counter
If your engine can run both ways and you want to be able to see that on the actual RPM indicator, DEIF offers an XDi based standard revolution counter system that only requires XDi, DX1 Digital extension module, and a connection to two standard PNP or NPN pickup sensor. The number of revolutions is accumulated independent of the direction of the rotation.
- Calculate absolute RPM and % RPM in single or bi-directional systems.
- Accumulates revolutions over time (up to 99 999 999 rev. after that is starts from 0 again)
- Direct connection to an inductive pickup or similar pickup providing a digital on/off or open/closed signal.
- Setup and configuration via XDi menu
- Can be set up with a revolution start value in case of retrofit in an existing installation where an old revolution counter is replaced.
- The values measured and calculated by the revolution counter can be shared with other RPM indicators via XDi-net (or CANopen), to form a complete CAN based RPM indicator system (XDi with standard DEIF RPM library or XL with single CAN for example)
- Repeater indicators showing the revolution counter display can also be connected via XDi-net and do not require the DX1 digital input module.
- The revolution counter can be ordered as a unit containing XDi, DX1 digital extension module.
- Either DEIF standard or custom library can be used.